Thanks for joining Primus Learning. We value your privacy and wish to inform you on how we obtain, use, and share your data.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
We directly collect some data about you, such as the information you provide as soon as you sign up to our platform, data about your participation in courses you enroll in.
There’s another data we automatically collect from you, like information about the device you use to access our platform and what features you interact or spend time with.
a. Data You Provide to Us
We collect different data from or about you depending on how you use our platform.
When you create an account and use our platform, we collect the data you provide, including:
|Account||In order to make use of our platform, you need to create an account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, which includes your email address, password, First and Last name, nickname, and bio.|
|Profile||You also have to provide your profile information like a photo, nickname, biography, and social media profiles, or other data.|
|Shared Content||Our platform lets you interact with other users or share content publicly, including posting reviews on a course page, asking or answering questions in a group/forum, sending messages to students or instructors, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such a shared item may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.|
|Course Data||When you enroll in any of our courses, we collect certain data including which courses, assignments and quizzes you’ve started and completed; your exchanges with instructors, and other students; answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements.|
|Payment Data||If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code.|
For security, Primus Learning does not collect or store your cardholder data, such as your full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
b. Data We Collect through Automated Means
When you access our platform, we collect certain data through automated means, including:
|System Data||Technical data about your device, including your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other data, and platform types.|
|Usage Data||Usage statistics about your interactions with our platforms, including courses accessed, time spent on our platform, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Services.|
|Approximate Geographic Data||We also collect certain data including an approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.|
What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to provide our learning services, communicate with you, rectify issues you encounter, prevent fraud, improve and update our platform, analyze how you use our platform, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use this data we collect through your use of our platform to:
- Display customized content and provide communication with other users.
- Process your purchases for courses.
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Sending you messages and information, including messages from instructors, notifications about changes to our features.
- Sending you information, such as by emails, about your progress in courses, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses;
- Manage your account settings;
- Obtain feedback from users;
- Learn more about you by linking your data with other additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Improve our platform and develop new services, and features;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
- Advertise our platform on third-party websites and applications;
Who We Share Your Data With
We share certain data about you with instructors, other students, companies performing services for us, affiliates, our partners, analytics, companies helping us run promotions and surveys, and advertising companies who help us promote our Services.
We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of an upgrade.
We may share your data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- With Your Instructors: We share data that we have about you (except sensitive data) with instructors for courses you enroll in or request information about, so they can improve their courses for you and other students. We will not share your email address with instructors.
- With Other Students and Instructors: Depending on your account settings, the data you share on your timeline/provide in your profile may be publicly viewable, including to other students and instructors. If you ask a question to an instructor, your information may also be publicly viewable by other users depending on your account settings.
- With Service Providers: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, fraud and abuse prevention, data analysis, marketing and advertising services, email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- With Business Partners: We have agreements with other platforms to distribute our services and drive traffic to our platform. Depending on your location, we may share your data with these partners.
- With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics, we share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data. We do this to communicate with you in a more effective manner.
- To Administer Promotions and Surveys: we may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law, or in correspondence with the rules of the promotion or survey.
- For Advertising: If we decide to offer advertising in the near future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System Data through Data Collection Tools, and to use this data to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience and undertake web analytics. Advertisers may also share with us the data they collect about you.
- For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid requests;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Primus Learning, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to obtain, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on Primus Learning. They also allow you to remember things about your visits to our platform, and to make this platform easier to use.
We also utilise session cookies, which expire after a certain period or when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period. We use session cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, like when you log into Primus Learning. We use persistent cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period, like when you request that we keep you signed into your account.
|Authentication||To log you into Primus Learning and help detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate our agreements.|
|Account settings||To remember data about your browser and your settings and other choices you’ve made.|
|Analytics and research||To help us improve and understand how you use Primus Learning|
Updates to this Policy
If you have any questions about our privacy policies, please reach out to us via email at email@example.com