Linux Admin/DevOps Engineering
This course is meant to teach you the core Linux administration skills and also to drill you on DevOps principles as well as the most recent and useful tools you need to thrive in the DevOps World. In this course, the first three months will be focused on Linux administration. In this section, you will learn the following:
- Unix/Linux History and Philosophy
- Basic Elements of Unix/Linux
- Shell Command Interface
- Unix System Admin Tools
- Unix Utilities for managing files.
In the second half of the class, that is the last three months, you will turn your attention towards DevOps principles and gain a deep understanding of how this relates to Linux, learn the necessary tools to work as a DevOps Engineer, and prepare for interviews and build resumes and get ready for the job market. These are some of the topics that will be covered in this course:
- Source control (like Git Bitbucket, VSTS, etc.)
- Continuous integration (like Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS )
- Infrastructure automation (like Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Deployment automation and orchestration (like Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus Deploy)
- Container concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Cloud (like AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack)
- Others coming.
This will be taught by one of the best industry experts who has been in the game for a long time and knows exactly what you need to get into the industry.